You may be a candidate if:
Are you in need of cataract surgery? Are you looking for a solution that may also eliminate or reduce your need for glasses?
Dr. Ralph Chu is currently participating in a research study to evaluate an investigational intraocular lens (IOL) for patients with cataracts.
If you have cataracts, you may be eligible to participate in this research study.
Now is a great time to come in for an evaluation. For more information or to set up an appointment, please call 952-835-1235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have cataracts in both eyes
- You are 22 years or older
- You have had no previous eye surgeries
- You have no ocular health issues other than cataracts (i.e. glaucoma, macular degeneration)
- You have no systemic health issues or autoimmune conditions
- You are not taking certain medications such as flomax.
To learn more about the Cord IOL click here.
Seeking Participants for a Clinical Study for Cataract Patients
We are excited to be clinical investigators for the IC-8 lens clinical study. The clinical study is designed to evaluate if the IC-8 lens will provide far, intermediate and near vision for patients with cataracts.
The IC-8 lens is a clear monofocal lens with a mini-ring placed in the center. The mini-ring has an opening, or pinhole, designed to increase the range of vision by extending the focus of light rays that enter the eye.
There are two ways you may be able to participate in the clinical study:
- Test Group (IC-8 Lens Group) will have a standard monofocal lens implanted in the first eye. If visual requirements are met after the first lens is implanted, the IC-8lens will be implanted into the other eye. The IC-8 lens is an investigational device and is being studied to determine if vision at all distances is clearer than with a standard monofocal lens in both eyes.
- Control Group (Monofocal Lens Group) will have a standard monofocal lens implanted in the first eye. If visual requirements are met, a standard monofocal lens will be implanted in the other eye.A standard monofocal lens is designed to provide far vision, but not near or intermediate vision.
Comparison of the two groups will help determine the improvement in vision with the IC-8 lens. Patients who participate in either group and comply with study commitments will be compensated.
If you would like to become a volunteer participant, the first step is to contact us to set up an eye examination. Please call 952-835-1235. Click here for more information about the clinical study: www.ic8lensclinicalstudy.com.
Caution: Investigational Device. Limited by Federal (or United States) law to investigational use.
Envista Trifocal IOL